Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Map of the Pond and Survey of its Citizens
Quork!

Hello Citizens of Auratus! The Prophet requested a map of the pond and each of the factions! You have no idea how difficult it is to create a waterproof map!

[Image: Worldmap.png]

I'm also in the process of exploring each region and interviewing different fish there. He wants a survey of the beliefs and breeds of each faction.

The Shallows
This area is on the West side of the pond and is considered a safe home at first glance, being closest to the land of the gods, but it is not without its dangers. This is where it is believed the Masked Death first arrived as well. The fish here are more outgoing, being used to the gods being near this side of the pond the most often. The religious leaders tends to be in conflict with the scientific leaders in this part of the pond.

Green Water
This area is almost unnaturally rich in algae and is home to some of the stranger looking breeds. Fish from other areas of the pond will sometimes come here to try and gather algae for their developing fry. This is not without risk however. Many inhabitants of the pond believe that the green water is due to the area's close proximity to the Forbidden Zone. Therefore, algae that is collected near the boundary of Green Water and the Forbidden Zone is rarely consumed, unless it is used for potions. The fish in this area seem to have amazing abilities as well. You would almost think they were magic. The scientific leaders thinks there may be a different reason for their abilities.

Water Lettuce Forest
This area is believed to be the home of the Ryukins. This breeds aggressively patrols the area. Many believe that it is because this is a perfect place for eggs to be laid, and thus a sacred place for all fish of the pond – according to the inhabitants of the area that is. The Webbed Death was believed to once lurk just above the water here.

The Depths
This area is the home of the Common Goldfish. It is also a safe haven for all breeds during the winter. The fish here are the most welcoming to the other breeds. The fish of this area are always training for the return of the fabled Web-Footed Shadow, the Furry Fish, and the Silent Shadow. These fish are also considered to be the biggest and fastest of the pond.

The Rocks
Pearlscales are believed to have originated here (according to the religious leaders). This area is filled with places to hide in, but more delicate breeds tend to avoid the more jagged areas. The Spear Faced Death was thought to patrol here in the times of the First Pond. The fish here have gruff personalities and tend to be secretive, using the rocks as their shelters. They are also very scientifically minded.

The Far Bank
This area is visited by the gods as well as the Loud Impostor Gods. Not many fish have visited this area of the pond because of how far away it is from the land of the gods. Some foraging parties have returned with items left there by the Impostor Gods.

Kraa! That's everything for now! The pond is pretty self enclosed, though there is a river that runs near by.

Oh? The Neutral Zone? Well, that's just where myself and the original Seven are. Of course, I don't live in the water! I'm just in that tree whenever the gods let me out by the pond.

What? That dark area with the cat tails? Don't worry about that place ... It's called the forbidden zone for a reason ...