Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ilrak's Introduction
Hello! I'm ilrak/K.D.Val/ilrak backwards and I am the creator and artist for Auratus Ghoti! I started this game after being introduced to a lot of pet sites and sim games by my good friend MinkxAoba. He got me into Flight Rising, Lioden, and a couple of other games and it kind of snowballed from there.

Why goldfish? In 2012, I became an accidental goldfish breeder when two goldfish (Poole and New Fish) who I had purchased on my 21st birthday with the intention of spoiling them like the crazy fish mom I am repaid me with a tiny baby fish in the overflow of my 90 gallon tank (LB). Two weeks and several rescue missions later and I had 61 baby goldfish, each with different personalities (seriously, goldfish are some pretty awesome fish and can be very unique in their interpersonal (interfishonal?) relationships. This game is pretty much in dedication to those fish.

Of course, I couldn't just make it a game where you breed goldfish. I'm a huge fan of Xenofiction (like Raptor Red and other stories from the point of view of non-human creatures), so in this game, you, the player, are the goldfish. These goldfish do seem to be uplifted/sufficiently advanced and thus your school is not only concerned with survival in a big pond, but they also are aware of the creatures who created the pond and, for the most part, believe them to be gods. Through breeding, battling, and exploration, your school can please the gods and get rewards in the form of gravel (the main currency), occasional river rocks (the premium currency, bought with cash or earned through different challenges - since I don't necessarily like it when a game makes the premium currency only available through payment), and favor (a currency that is only rewarded through certain tasks that please the gods). all of these currencies can be used to buy things that can enhance your school (or individual fish in the school).

When I'm not working on this game, I am either taking care of the menagerie (fish, birds, and lizards) or spending time with my husband (which sometimes happens while working on the game and a lot of ideas on gameplay have come from him as well).

I'm looking forward to creating a game that all of you will enjoy. Please feel free to give suggestions as well! I'm definitely considering a lot of things with regards to gameplay, breeds, items, markings, etc.!

-ilrak